Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Losing Touch...

With all the nonsense we deal with on a daily basis, sometimes it's difficult to keep in touch with our spiritual beliefs.  Between going to work, paying bills, sitting in traffic, housework, food shopping, and all the other general tasks we need to do just to get through a simple day it is easy to forget our spiritual side.  It is incredibly important that we never lose touch with our spiritual side, it is what defines us as people and it is what motivates to continue to learn, grow, and develop as people!  I often find myself getting stressed about things that happen at work, and I need to give myself a little wake up call; I am not Nick the banker...I am just Nick!  While I made need to work to survive, it does not define who I am.  I define who I am through my beliefs about life and the values that I hold so dear.  I am fiercely dedicated to my beliefs, I honor my Gods, I am continuously seeking the wisdom Nature has to offer, and I am honored to be part of a small close knot group of friends who share similar beliefs or at least are intelligent enough to rejoice in our similarities and learn from our differences.  All of these things and much more define me as a person, yet none of these things come into play on a daily basis without a conscious effort.  What do I do to remind myself of all of these things?  I pay attention to the world around me!  Nature is all around us even in the most crowded and overbuilt cities Nature is there, you just need to open your senses to it.  The wind will always blow, the sun will always shine, the complex and beautiful variety of life is all around us.  I always try to take a moment to appreciate these things, and when I am stressed beyond belief it is these things that level me out...the song of birds, the magnificence of mighty trees, the squirrels scurrying around, the smell of flowers, the pattering of rain, the roar of thunder, or the fresh fallen snow.  As long as I continue to notice these things, I will always be reminded of who I truly am!

My question to all of you is...What do you do to keep from losing touch with who you truly are and your beliefs?  

No comments:

Post a Comment