Sunday, February 26, 2012

Balance...a mild obsession

Those of you that know me personally are already aware of my feelings about the balancing of things...those of you that don't will come to see that it is a very common theme in my ramblings here.  Why do I seek to find balance in almost all aspects of my life?  For me the answer is simple, it just feels natural!  I have always marveled over Natures ability to keep things in order, everything just seems to have a nice system of checks and balances.  Now when I look at the current state of human society, I see a sever lack of balance in anything.  The distribution of wealth and power, the amount of time we spend with our family and loved ones, the sheer size of the population versus the amount of resources available...it is absolutely maddening!  Now I know that I can not restore balance to the entirety of the human race, but I can seek it for myself.  Of course there are many challenges...I am an inherently unbalanced creature in every sense of the word.  This is what makes the journey so frustrating yet so much fun.  Every time I create balance in one aspect of my life, I create discord in something else...it is something that is constantly flowing and changing, and I have come to realize that it will always be ongoing with no finish.  In the end it is just how I grow as a person, or maybe it's just OCD ;)    

No comments:

Post a Comment