Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Love and light...blah blah blah

Today I will talk about my biggest peeve when it comes to neo-paganism...this concept of constant love and light!  I don't understand why people think they they should constantly emit this happy positivity!  We are not creatures of pure love and light...there is darkness it all of us, and I thank the Gods for that every single day!  First of all what good would light do if there is no darkness?  People would just take it for granted, and not appreciate it.  Second I personally need the dark aspects of my personality; it protects me from being walked all over and taken advantage of, it gives me the strength to defend my loved ones and my beliefs!  All this love and light just does not seem natural...it lacks balance!  Nature is not all love and light, animals kill to eat or defend themselves, there are many plants that leech off other ones to feed, micro organisms invade and destroy their hosts so they can reproduce and live on.  It's just the way of the world; neo-pagans often run around saying they respect nature and try and tune themselves into natures song, then they blatantly follow an ideal that is the complete opposite.  I'm not saying there is in room for love and light because with out it we would be in a very sad place, but there is  a time and a place for everything!  Sometimes you just have to embrace they darkness and accept that it is only natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment